Archives for the month of: June, 2012

After searching the house I found some airfix paint so I had to do the best I could with that. It’s not the best paint to use really considering it is enamel paint but luckily they hadn’t been used in so long it had separated a bit.

The outcome:
Image

It turned out a lot better than I was expecting! In future I will be using watercolours, the consistency will work a lot better and run off the letters more effectively than the airfix paint but all in all, for a first attempt, it worked really well.
When I have another go at this I will need to go easy on the smaller details, but thats just a few minor tweaks.

I’m excited to carry on with this concept now, hopefully it will look as good as it does in my head.

Advertisement

For one of my projects I have set myself over the summer, I am going to re-do my ISTD tales to change the word project. I really wasn’t happy with my original final piece that I submitted for uni and there is no way it is going in my portfolio therefore I am going to do it again, better.
As the story is open to interpretation as to whether the waitress and the chair actually existed, I thought it would be interesting to physically represent this by painting the words onto paper in glue.

Image

Image

Image

Image

I’m going to paint over it with watercolour (or some clever substitution because I left those in Lincoln), in theory the colour won’t stick to the letters and so the words will be revealed. 

That will be this evening’s job so stay tuned…